WHAT DOES A START UP SERVICE INCLUDE?
A start up includes the following areas:
- Pressurize main line piping.
- A full inspection of the system.
- Adjust heads to ensure spray pattern is correct and covering properly, winter causes the ground to shift which almost always calls for heads to be readjusted in the spring.
- Identification of any issues that could cause water waste. While significant leaks are visible, it takes someone with experience to detect small leaks underground that can have a big impact on your system as well as water usage.
- Test the rain sensor to ensure no water waste on days when the sprinklers are not needed.
- Set timer to the preferred watering cycle based on needs of irrigated areas.
- Identify areas of concern and make recommendations for the system that will improve performance and efficiency to review with the homeowner.
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE MY SYSTEM STARTED?
We recommend having your system started anywhere from late March through June. Depending on the severity of winter that year and arrival of spring temperatures.
WHY IS WINTERIZING MY SYSTEM IMPORTANT?
When very cold temperatures move in, any water left in your system will cause freezing and expanding, severely damaging various parts of your irrigation system. A winterization of the irrigation system by a trained technician with the proper specialty equipment is pertinent to avoid severe damage.
WHEN SHOULD MY SYSTEM BE WINTERIZED?
We recommend having your system winterized prior to temperatures arriving at 32 degrees. The aim is to have it winterized before a deep freeze sets in causing damage.